- This is the TUHS REDCap for users on the Temple Health Sciences Campus (HSC). If you are looking for the College of Public Health (CPH) REDCap, please go here: https://cphapps.temple.edu/redcap/
- Updates from the library about Covid-19: Temple Libraries Covid-19 Updates and Information. For REDCap tips, try out our new REDCap Libguide here: REDCap Libguide
- If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation on how to use REDCap please contact Will Dean, Research and Data Services Librarian. He is available for both phone and video chat consultations.
How to reset your password.
- if you are a TUHS user, your REDCap login should be the same as your TUHS ID -- the same one as you use to log into Epic, or a TUHS machine. If you have a problem with your password, you will need to call the TUHS Helpdesk at 215-707-7008 and ask to have your TUHS password reset.
- If you are not a TUHS user, then you should be able to go through the password reset steps within REDCap to reset your password. For this to work, you must have already set a security question which can be accomplished by clicking on the "My Profile" link in the top right of the screen.
Please log in with your user name and password. If you are having trouble logging in, please contact William Dean.
REDCap is a secure web platform for building and managing online databases and surveys. REDCap's streamlined process for rapidly creating and designing projects offers a vast array of tools that can be tailored to virtually any data collection strategy.
REDCap provides automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel and common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R), as well as a built-in project calendar, a scheduling module, ad hoc reporting tools, and advanced features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields.
Learn more about REDCap by watching a
brief summary video (4 min).
If you would like to view other quick video tutorials of REDCap in action and an overview of its features, please see the
NOTICE: If you are collecting data for the purposes of human subjects research, review and approval of the project is required by your Institutional Review Board.
If you require assistance or have any questions about REDCap, please contact William Dean.
Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely in your browser - Create and design your project using a secure login from any device. No extra software required. Access from anywhere, at any time.
Fast and flexible - Go from project creation to starting data collection in less than one day. Customizations and changes are possible any time, even after data collection has begun.
Advanced instrument design features - Auto-validation, calculated fields, file uploading, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
Diverse and flexible survey distribution options - Use a list of email addresses or phone numbers for your survey respondents and automatically contact them with personalized messages, and track who has responded. Or create a simple link for an anonymous survey for mass email mailings, to post on a website, or print on a flyer.
Data quality - Use field validation, branching/skip logic, and Missing Data Codes to improve and protect data quality during data entry. Open data queries to automatically identify and resolve discrepancies and other issues real-time.
Custom reporting - Create custom searches for generating reports to view aggregate data. Identify trends with built-in basic statistics and charts.
Export data to common analysis packages - Export your data as a PDF or as CSV data for easy analysis in SAS, Stata, R, SPSS, or Microsoft Excel.
Secure file storage and sharing - Upload and share any type of file with anyone in the world through the File Repository feature or Send-It tool. Also works with exports and other built-in file uploading features.
Data-based triggers and alerts - Send real-time alerts and notifications to your team or other stakeholders via email, text, or phone based on certain data being entered or specific questions having a particular answer.
Connect to other resources - Use built-in features (API) to move data to/from your project. Build your own custom software development features to connect your project to other systems.